Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

dealmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bsplayer Preference Video & Audio Setup Problem!!!

Hi,
I am a bsplayer long time user, I just download the latest version. Before that I was using pre v1 bsplayer. When I went to Preferences -> Video, all sub configuration screen are greyed out, like DIVX 3.11, 4+, ffdshow. I am sure that I had at least ffdshow. so why?

And under Preferences -> Audio -> Intervideo AC3, the setting is unset no matter what I set before. Why?

Have a nice day.
Old 21st March 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

They are some legacy. Go to options->filters and you find all here.
Old 21st March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
They are some legacy. Go to options->filters and you find all here.
I went to options -> filters, but there is nothing there, and no configuration pop out.
Old 21st March 2004
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

play a file before trying to access config ! ;)
Old 21st March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietseb
play a file before trying to access config ! ;)
Although I can gain access to options -> filters during playing a file, I still can't set anything at Preferences -> Audio -> InterVideo AC3, and all the sub configurations under Preferences -> Video are still greyed out.
Old 21st March 2004
BS.Player Power User

can't remember whether Intervideo AC3 settings are supposed to work correctly at the moment (I fear not) [I use AC3 filter]

as for the ffdshow etc configs being still greyed out, they will be accessible only if the file you're playing uses the corresponding codec/filter.
I just played a rm file (=>real alternative) => ffdshow configs were still greyed out. If I play xvid or whatever that requires ffdshow, ffdshow config is available... etc: the available config is that of a currently used filter.
I don't know why it's like that.

btw adicoto, these settings are bsplayer specific, meaning you can have one set of settings for ffdshow when used by bsplayer (thru preferences->video->ffdshow) and one set of settings for ffdshow for every other app (thru ffdshow's own config window [options->filters->ffdshow]). How is that 'legacy' ?
Old 21st March 2004
BS.Player Master

To Quietseb
Sorry, but I don't use ffdshow. As I have specified many times. FFdshow configuration is something new but the iddea is a legacy. If you have them you don't need options->filters and vice-versa. Probably BST intends to do something with those menus but not long ago they generated many errors as divx interface changed (remember ?). And btw, they are not working on my computer. Opened an div3 file but configuration is still greyed out. Even if I have div3 installed. The same with a Div5 file. XviD is out of this problem.
Old 25th March 2004
BS.Player Power User

Thanks for your reply

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't use ffdshow.As I have specified many times.
Well I said ffdshow here cause that's what I use and I didn't bother installing divx 3/4/5 to check whether it was the same for them (I just assumed it was) ;)
Since then I tested it: installed divx3 and played a div3 with bsplayer (and set ffdshow so it wouldn't take over the div3 decoder): divx3.11 properties available [I suppose your div3 was decoded by something else: when divx4/5 is installed everything is greyed out for me too]

Quote:
If you have them you don't need options->filters and vice-versa. Probably BST intends to do something with those menus
to me these settings are not equivalent:
- settings in preferences->video are for bsplayer only (they're stored in bsplayer.xml file)
- settings in options->filters are system-wide (since it uses the filters' own config dialog and these settings are stored independently from bsplayer).
Seems to me this is the intent ;)

Cheers
Old 25th March 2004
BS.Player Master

Yes, indeed, it is sad that divx311 can't be used to decode div3 if divx5 is installed. But let's hope this will be fixed. I don't know if it is BSPlayer's fault or DivX's.
I will try to see what you say about defining filters for BSPlayer only. I don't use another player if I have BSPlayer, but I'll try to see.

Tags
audio, preference, setup, video