Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

enviaraca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SVCD (MPEG-2) Timming problem

I have BSPlayer 1.00 Build 810

There was no problem until I try to play an MPEG-2 file from a SVCD. The sound and the video are all ok.

The problem is with the time elapsed shown in BSPlayer. The movie is 58 minutes long, but when I open it with BSplayer, I get 18 minutes total.

When I play the movie, the time increments normaly and the subtitles shows in sync. But when the time elapsed reach the false final value of 18 minutes, it freezes and the subtitles stops. The audio and video continues playing the rest of the movie until it ends.

Also when I click in the seek bar, the position moves proporcionaly in the movie lenght (this is very extrange) so if I seek near the end, the movie finish in the false 18th minute.

I have tried with lots of codecs and all does the same effect.

Is this a bug of BSPlayer :?: I will apreciate an aswer
Old 24th July 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SVCD (MPEG-2) Timming problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviaraca
I have tried with lots of codecs and all does the same effect.
I've no problem playing (S)VCD's. I can't help thinking this must be a codec related problem. Perhaps the it's a trial-version you're using, limited to 18 min play?
Have you indeed tried different codecs for MPEG-2? (Trying "Lots of codecs" doesn't help if they aren't MPEG-2 codecs)
E.g. did you try Elecard (see adicoto's list of codecs) or Ligos?

You can find out which codec BSPlayer is using when playing a movie by looking under:
rightclick > Options > Filters (> Advanced )
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
mpeg2, svcd, timming