Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Zappos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The dreaded s/pdif problem again...

Hi guys,

I have just downloaded v1.1 build 814 and I must say this program seems great :D . Far better than VLC Media player that I had been using. However, I have this s/pdif problem. I have read all the posts and replies that I can find on this subject but they all refer to ealier versions. Also, I have tried everything mentioned and still get the same problem.

If I play a file from say, PowerDVD, my AV Amp shows Digital input. If I run it from BSplayer, it shows PCM. I cannot seem to enable the s/pdif output from the preferences. I have downloaded and registered the InterVideo codec but the check box will not remain checked.

I have also downloaded and installed the AC3Filter from sourceforge but I still get the same problem altough the filter does show the input is AC3 5.1 and show the levels so the source is ok.

I have been at this all morning and must confess I am running out of patience! I was going to register but will hold off for a while. No point if I cant get digital

Can someone please advise a solution?
Old 28th January 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

What is selected output of AC3 filter at box "Output / Speakers:"?
[Start] > Program files > AC3filter > AC3Filter config (> [Main])
(Bottom choice of the list is SPDIF)
Also check what is selected under "Speakers" on AC3 filter tab [MIXER].

(No luck? Check "Default audio renderer" at (southeast quarter of) [System]-tab of AC3Filter's properties and perhaps also check BSPlayer's settings under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Audio.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

SPDIF is selected in the Output Speakers option.

The system default audio render is set to Direct Sound?
Old 28th January 2005
BS.Player Master

Suppose you already came across this post (concerning Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher, which i.a. is included in K-Lite Full-version)?

[Don't use codec-packs]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

I dont have it installed so wont be that.

I am correct in assuming DivX and XviD can (if encoded correctly) delivery AC3 in true digital form?
Old 28th January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

I think I have solved it.

I was running ACFilter 1.01a. There was no option there for S/PDIF from the speaker drop down. There is a check box for SPDIF disable which doesnt seem to do much.

I reinstalled my old ACFilter v0.70b. This DOES have the SPDIF option in the speaker sets. Once selected there, it works fine and digital is supplied to my AV Amp. This would imply something is up with version 1.01a?

Anyway, sorted if that helps anyone else! :?
Old 28th January 2005
BS.Player Master

Sorry, I should have mentioned to you, that I use good "old" and trusted AC3Filter v0.70b
and not "release candidate" AC3Filter v1.01a RC5. (It is mentioned in item 4 of my Help2Help post though)
Anyhow, I'm really glad the "problem" is solved now!!
Old 21st March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Mahonni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I just wanted to say I had THE SAME problem and thanks to that thread I've solved it. I was also wondering why I couldn't find the SPDIF option :lol: .

However, this is quite weird since WMP (new and classic) and some other players I had arround here worked fine after a lot of time tweaking AC3 Filter v1.01a RC5.

Anyways... thank you!

(sorry if I replied a too old thread)
Old 21st March 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonni
Hi, I just wanted to say I had THE SAME problem and thanks to that thread I've solved it. I was also wondering why I couldn't find the SPDIF option :lol: .

However, this is quite weird since WMP (new and classic) and some other players I had arround here worked fine after a lot of time tweaking AC3 Filter v1.01a RC5.

Anyways... thank you!

Not to be sorry, it's good to see that someone searches the forum for known problems. Maybe this way other users will be able to find the solution in a simpler way
Old 21st March 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonni
Yes, using "Search-button" can be an excellent problem-solver! So you certainly need not apologize! I just wished more people would use "Search" (just like I also wish that people actually always would take the trouble to read my Help2Help-post and would indeed always provide the relevant information when asking questions or seek for assistance.)

Tags
dreaded, s or pdif