Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

rupor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subtitles are not saved

hello all
the problem is: i check the button "save properties of video files" on, and bsplayer must save then all the proprties of files, including subtitles.
but, i load subtitle in a file, and then i close the file, and then when i open file again - ooops, subtitle aren't there... and i have to load it every time.
how can i fix it?
Old 8th August 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Read item (9) of my Help2Help-post.
Also check out settings under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 9th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

thanx for answering!
if i've understand this correct, i can load subtitles automatically ONLY if they placed in the same directory and named the same name as movie.
right?
and nothing else
Old 9th August 2005
BS.Player Master

If the first part of the subtitlename equals the moviename and the subtitlefile is either in the same map/directory as the movie or in one of the subtitle directories which you can define under .. Preferences > Subtitles (south-east quarter) it will indeed play automatically unless you've "Subtitles disabled" under Preferences.
Further there is a possibility there to "Auto load any subtitle in current directory" (i.e. irrespective of its filename).
Another option is to use an ini or bsi file to start (read item (8) of my Help2Help-post).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 9th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

ok, i got it, thanx...
maybe then you can tell me about 1 more question too.
ok< maybe do you know in which file bsplayer keeps files' properties? like favorites etc..
Old 9th August 2005
BS.Player Master

In BSPlayer's installation folder there are two files:
BSplayer.YourName.xml and EQ.YourName.xml (EQ=equalizer).
(Further files of interest may be: bsplay.sav and bsplay.bkf)
These files can all be opened with e.g. Notepad or WordPad.

Edit: In WinXP starting from BSPlayer version 1.38 build 828 config is saved in user home directory
Old 9th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

thanx one more time!

Tags
saved, subtitles