Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th May 2006
BS.player Regular User

Opencloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ace3Filter Problem u.u

I've been having this problem where BSPlayer just won't use Ace3 Filter for some reason that's impossible to for me to understand. Meaning you cannot find or see the word listed anywhere whatsoever. It uses instead either ''Default DirectSound Device'', ''mpg 123 and MAD DirectShow Filter'' or ''Intervideo''. If one of these is another form or wording of Ace3 Filter then I just don't know.

But for sure I've noticed weaker sound quality when any of these audio decoders (Am I right?) is being used instead of Ace3 Filter. I've managed to unregister ''Intervideo'' so ha, although it solved nothing.

If someone can show me how to make Ace3 work again with BSPlayer my ears woud appreicate it. Oh by the way this happened right after I uninstalled version 0.70b of Ace3 to install the version 1.01a.
Old 28th May 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

AC3Filter and IntervideoAC3 are two different beasties. So you won't find AC3-filters-settings on that "page". However, as mentioned in item (4) of my Help2Help-post
Quote:
To access AC3 filter's settings from BSPlayer (with videofile loaded) follow: (rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced. For general setting purposes you can also access it directly through: [Start] > Program files > AC3Filter > AC3Filter Config.
Unfortunately I have no experience with other/newer versions of AC3 filter than good old faithfull version 0.70b (as also mentioned in the same post).

P.S.:
The version you installed (1.01a) is not the latest! Check the link in my post.
Further it seems that there have been more than one 1.01a versions (at the least a rc1 and a rc5 version). So, unable to tell which one you have.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th May 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
AC3Filter and IntervideoAC3 are two different beasties. So you won't find AC3-filters-settings on that "page". However, as mentioned in item (4) of my Help2Help-post To access AC3 filter's settings from BSPlayer (with videofile loaded) follow: (rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced. For general setting purposes you can also access it directly through: [Start] > Program files > AC3Filter > AC3Filter Config. Unfortunately I have no experience with other/newer versions of AC3 filter than good old faithfull version 0.70b (as also mentioned in the same post).
I can easily configure the settings for Ace3 by just looking for the actual config file, but when I tried it through BSPlayer in Advanced as you suggested there was no Ace3 listed. How do I make BSPlayer use Ace3 instead of these other weaker things. Do I just switch to 0.70b?
Old 29th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

The "Advanced" method to manage filter's settings is available only if the filter is loaded by BSplayer, and this is not your case for AC3 since BSplayer uses "mpeg 123..." filter instead.
You can uninstall "mpeg 123 and MAD FFDShow", or (maybe you'll prefer this option) try to raize AC3 priority in Filter management section (CTRL+P -> Filter management -> Filter priority).

I never had problems with AC3 v0.7b, instead v1.x lead me to choppy playback and other problems.. :roll:
Old 30th May 2006
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
The "Advanced" method to manage filter's settings is available only if the filter is loaded by BSplayer, and this is not your case for AC3 since BSplayer uses "mpeg 123..." filter instead.
You can uninstall "mpeg 123 and MAD FFDShow", or (maybe you'll prefer this option) try to raize AC3 priority in Filter management section (CTRL+P -> Filter management -> Filter priority).

I never had problems with AC3 v0.7b, instead v1.x lead me to choppy playback and other problems.. :roll:
I went to Filter priority and nothing was listed, tried to add a filter and nothing happened. After that I blacklisted "mpeg 123.." filter and whitelisted Ace3, that had no effect either.. no sound was even heard and nothing appeared in the filters section.

I'm thinking of just uninstalling this "mpeg 123.." filter along with any other audio filter and then just install Ace3 0.70b.

PS: How do you uninstalled the filter "mpeg 123.."

Tags
ace3filter