Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th November 2003
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Some Bugs

Edited: For build 803 goto http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=9523#9523

Here are some bugs I've found in the new BSP version 1

1. Menus and icon in the tray bar are not properly refreshed.
Ex: go to full screen - press 'H' to hide the player - close BSP with Alt-F4: the tray icon is still there until the mouse move over.
2. "oldskin.dll" doesn't work with almost all 'Old Skins'.
3. In the properties' window on the top right (where titles are shown) accented characters are displayed in a wrong way.
4. The horizontal volume button (in some skins) has visualization problems near the rightest position.
5. In the ffdshow property window values should be 'right aligned', whereas text should be 'left aligned'.
6. File icon doesn't change when a different icon then the default one is chosen.
7. In the 'About' dialog window press "Check for new version" causes the dialog window to never close if you choose to not connect to the internet (maybe also if you choose to connect, not yet checked).
8. OSD text 'pause' is often dsplayed even if the player isn't in pause due to a single click on the video window.
Ex: when playing a movie right click on the video window and once the menu is shown left click on the video window. And voil?•, OSD text 'pause' is there!
Ex: when playing a movie double click on the video windows to go in full screen mode (or come back in normal mode).
9. Many OSD texts are displayed when doing multiple rapid actions.
10. When playing a movie (NOT in full screen) right click in the video window and once the menu is shown click OUT of the window. The movie paused.
11. When playing a movie right click on the video window then when the menu appears right click again on the video window. The movie paused.
12. When a video window is open the main window is unable to snag to the screen edges.
13. In the properties window, video section, DivX4+ settings, a rectangle around 'Film Effect' is visible.
14. Bad quality w/o overlay mode or force RGB selected.

MISSING TRANSLATIONS
In language file following strings are ignored in translation process
[WID9] 106,107
[WID11] 2,3,4,5
[WID13] 4,5

There isn't a translation string fo Playlist title, Playlist 'File name', Playlist 'Type', Playlist 'Length', Playlist 'Full screen', About title, About 'Check for new version'.

Anyway I like the new version very much, great job!! :)
BSPlayer is the BEST player I've ever used.
NEVER GIVE UP :!: :!: :!:
Old 13th November 2003
BS.Player Master

Another bug:

The player translates the WinLIRC's command names only the first time you access the Preferences - WinLIRC page.
If you close the preference window and then re-open it, you find that the commands are in English. They come back in your language only if you close the player and then re-open it.

Also the 'Player functions' text in WinLIRC page is missing in .lng file!
Old 13th November 2003
BS.Player Master

Bugs:

The entire menu in the playlist window can't be translated by the player even if the corresponding strings are translated in the .lng file.

The item 'Clear history' in the menu isn't ALWAYS translated. If there are no movie names in the recent files section, 'Clear history' is present and not translated. Also the command 'Clear history' doesn't work properly, it not always really clear the history.

I've never used the Chapter viewer before, so I don't know what it shold do, but I know that if I try to start it by clicking the corresponding item in the menu nothing occur...
Any suggestion?!
Old 13th November 2003
BS.Player Master

Default Re: Some Bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
7. In the 'About' dialog window press "Check for new version" causes the dialog window to never close if you choose to not connect to the internet (maybe also if you choose to connect, not yet checked).
Ok, connecting to the internet it works!
There's a bug only if you block the access to the net.
Old 17th November 2003
BS.Player Master

Hi all!
Maybe I have found another bug.
Full screen skins don't work properly for me... Or better, don't always work properly for me. Sometimes (in full screen mode), moving the mouse in the appropriate position, don't make visible the full screen's controls.

Another bug I was able to reproduce only once, is the following:
I've loaded a skin with full screen support, then I've loaded another skin but this time without a full screen image and... going in full screen mode and moving the mouse in the appropriate position (bottom-center in my case), made the previous skin's full screen controls window appear.

As mentioned, I was able to reproduce the bug above only once, but now every time I change skin while playing a movie, the image of my movie change aspect ratio from Original (16:9) to 4:3.

I don't know if this explanation is clear, sorry if it don't (I'm not English native speaker)!

Anyhow BSPlayer is still the best for me! :D
Old 17th November 2003
BS.Player Master

There are some bugs concerning subtitles:
- As someone has mentioned in other threads, BSPlayer RC1 can't handle OGG subtitles, but in one thread there is a possible solution (sorry, I don't remember the topic's number. Try searching...).
- Auto position works, but Custom position is very buggy! Cursor and subtitles don't move together, or better, they move together, but in the cursor's lowest position subtitles are around 140 pixels above screen's bottom edge; in the highest cursor's position subtitles come out the screen's top edge and the player (maybe only if right-clicking) crushes...
- The only way to place subtitles correctly is using keybord's shortcuts (SHIFT+UP|SHIFT+DOWN) but paying attention to not go past screen's edges otherwise will be displayed dozen of error messages (maybe only if right-clicking on the video window)
- Show/Hide subtitles works ok if used through menus, but using keyboard's shortcut 'S' leaves last subtitle displayed on screen
- I don't know if it happens always, but some films of mine (only with subtitles loaded) crush after about 3 minutes of reproduction (something like 70 lines of subtitles)
Old 18th November 2003
Administrator
BS.Player Power User

Mat2000 will become famous soon enough
Default Thanks

Thank you for excellent work.
We will examine and consider all your remarks.
Old 18th November 2003
BS.Player Master

Many thanx Mat2000!
Yours (BST's and your) is an excellent work :!: I love BSPlayer and hope submitting this bugs helps to make it even better :D

In my previous post I forgave to mention about another subtitlel's bug:
Even changing time correction's settings for awhile (and then right-clicking) make the player crush as (I think) when trying to put subtitles out of the screen's edges.

Ah, all subtitles of mine are from SubRip .srt!

Bye and thx again :!: :!:
Old 18th November 2003
BS.Player Master

This is what I obtain jumping forward/backward when no files are opened:
__________________________________________________ ___________
BSPlayer v1.00.800, Unhandled exception at EIP: 004A0822
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 004A0822 in module 'BSPLAY.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
EAccessViolation
, 0x004DFFFB, 0x004E01F9, 0x004534E7, 0x0044A832, 0xBFF63613, 0xBFF848F7, 0x007B8CD6

Bytes at EIP: 8B 00 FF 50 28 8B 04 24 8B 54 24 04 59 5A C3 8D 40 00
__________________________________________________ ___________

I've found another bug in "Key definitions & WinLIRC" window:
Assigning to a command a key already assigned to another one, causes the text "This combination is already assigned to: <command_name>" appears. This works properly, but if you click on "Reset to default" button, this text doesn't disappear.

I don't know if it’s worthwhile, but maybe next to (or beneath) the option "Enable full screen skin" in Skin's window, there must be a string saying "(restart required)" as in Plugins settings.
Bye and good work
Old 18th November 2003
BS.Player Master

I'm back again with another bug... :oops: (sorry)

Starting a movie with the "Always start in full screen mode" option enabled causes a strange bug:
I can't switch full screen mode with a "rapid" double-click, to switch between full screen/normal mode (of course I can click on the full screen button in my skin, or) I have to single-click on the movie window (the movie pauses)... wait... and then single-click again on the movie window (the movie restarts).
This bug is strange (for me) because to switch between the two modes (full screen/windowed) there is another weird way: to press twice the player button PAUSE! Strange :shock: !

Trying to see if this bug was reproducible, I've encountered another bug:
Using the keyboard's shortcut 'F' to switch back to normal (windowed) mode from full screen mode, causes the TOP black bar (not existing in the movie file, but existing only in full screen due to the 16:9 movie's aspect ratio) to appear and cover the top portion of the image in windowed mode. This happens only if 'Overlay mode 1' is enabled, if there are no subtitles loaded, and if the movie is not paused.

Furthermore it will be nice if the playlist could stay always over the movie window.

See ya!
Old 18th November 2003
Administrator
BS.Player Power User

We are working ouround the clock to solve some errors.
Mentioned problem are almost fixed.
New version will come soon.
Old 19th November 2003
BS.Player Master

:shock: New version is almost finished? :D
Ehi, you are really working around the clock :!:
Thank you guys, I think I can speak for everybody here by saying we appreciate your work highly!
Glad to hear about mentioned problems' fixing.

THANK YOU!!

Tizio
Old 21st November 2003
Administrator
BS.Player Power User

Thanks for your contribution.

Yes, we are working hard.
Almost ouround the clock. ( we sleep 2-3 hours only).
Old 21st November 2003
BS.Player Master

Hi Mat2000!
I know you're working hard, but I've found a really annoying bug:
When in window mode, if you try to resize the image from the top edge and you reach the smallest dimension, the entire window moves down until it exits the screen or you stop resizing down the image. The same happens if you try to resize the image from the left edge...

Hoping this explanation was clear I wish you a good job!
Thank you for your active support at this forum!
Old 22nd November 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPlayer gives a Stack Overflow Exception when trying lowering the volume under (or maybe just to) 0%, but only if using keyboard's shortcut (DOWN-ARROW).
Maybe there are problems also using the MUTE button... (I'm not sure)

Here's a suggestion: I've looked at the .ini file of 0.86's skins after I've used them with BSP RC1 (w/ oldskins.dll). It's been automatically modified by BSPlayer to be used with version 1, but using this metod it will be impossible to use these skins with v0.86 anymore!
:idea: If keeping in memory the modified INI informations is not possible, is it possible to create a SKINv1.INI file (only for 0.8x's skins) to be used instead of SKIN.INI one? In this case BSP v1 will use the modified version, and BSP v0.8x will be still able to use the original one.

I also noticed some errors in the ini-conversion (however many skins are not version 1 compatible, as I've posted in previous topics):
Example: Jump Backward BSPv1action-code=80 is traslated as BtnStop
Example: Jump Forward BSPv1action-code=79 is traslated as BtnPause
Example: Custom Pan&Scan BSPv1action-code=65 is traslated as 9999
and then the related skin's button doesn't function!

Almost every "non ordinary command" is translated with a non integer value (random?).

Don't worry, thake all the necessary time to fix the problems, and take care of you.
You can work better if you are fresh-minded
I (we??) 'll be patient!!
Old 23rd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

zeroconf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Access violation

BSPlayer v1.00.800, Unhandled exception at EIP: 1C40B0E8
Access violation at address 1C40B0E8 in module 'DIVXDEC.AX'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
EAccessViolation
, 0x004DFFFB, 0x004E01F9, 0x004534E7, 0x0044A832, 0xBFB7358E, 0xBFB73572, 0xBFB73493, 0xBFB73551, 0xBFBA65DC, 0xBFB73493, 0xBFB733B3, 0xBFF7363B, 0xBFF94407, 0x007B8CD6
###############################################
BSPlayer v1.00.800, Unhandled exception at EIP: 1C40B0E8
Access violation at address 1C40B0E8 in module 'DIVXDEC.AX'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
EAccessViolation
, 0x004DFFFB, 0x004E01F9, 0x004534E7, 0x0044A832, 0xBFB7358E, 0xBFB73572, 0xBFB73493, 0xBFB73551, 0xBFBA65DC, 0xBFB73493, 0xBFB733B3, 0xBFF7363B, 0xBFF94407, 0x007B8CD6

Bytes at EIP: 8B 48 64 85 C9 74 0F 90 3B 10 74 0A 8B 40 64 8B 48 64
###############################################
bsplayer v1.00.800 crashed totally
codec: divx 5.0.2 from nimo 5.00 build9 beta1
tried bsplayer from installer and from *.zip archive

What I were doing? Well, I just started movie. If I doubleclick on the *.avi file then the bsplayer will automatically crash and I am not able to watch movie. If I first open the bsplayer and then open movie with CTRL+L then I can see the movie but that error message will appear. If I hit "continue" then I can watch the movie. Then everything seems like OK. But if I try to switch between full screen and window then it appears again. Very often it never succeed to continue seeing movie - bsplayer crashes totally.

I choosed bsplayer because there is possible change brightness and contrast and it really works! But very often bsplayer will crash :(
I used to press CTRL+P to open configuration window to change those parameters. Hopefully those bugs will be removed in next versions :)
I would like to thank you doing such a kind of powerful player. It comes closer to the mplayer - masterpiece movie player in Linux. Even keyboard controls are like in mplayer in Linux! I like it! Keep going! God bless you all the developers team! I know you will finally establish the stable code and great player!
Old 23rd November 2003
BS.Player Master

@zeroconf
Hi, I'm sorry, I don't have any suggestion to fix your problem. I've tried with all of my movies (not CD burned) and everything seems to act normally.

@Mat2000|BST
Hi, there's a bug in skins' loading: select a new skin, and then close the Skin's window before the new skin is loaded. An error message will appear.

If you need it I can post the error message I obtain when this bug occours.
Let me know...

Bye and good work!
Old 24th November 2003
BS.Player Master

@zeroconf
Hi, maybe you can try using original DivX codec or ffdshow to watch the movie, as adicoto says is better to NOT use codec packs.
Ehi, I don't tell you to NOT use codec packs, only that it's better to use original codecs 'cause they have less problems and better stability...

It's only a suggestion, I don't know if it will really fix your problem. Try and let me know! :)
Tizio
Old 25th November 2003
BS.Player Master

BUGS IN BUILT 803
Hi! BSPlayer v1.00.803 is out, and I'm back with "Some bugs" I've found.

MISSING TRANSLATIONS:

[strings]: 49, 50

[WID22]: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

About window: title, "Check for new version"

Key definitions & WinLIRC: "This combination is already assigned to:"

COSMETICS:

[WID13]: Item 4 should be left-aligned

In the properties window, video section, DivX4+ settings, a rectangle around 'Film Effect' is visible.

BUGS:

I don't know if this is a bug, but if you press STOP and then PAUSE twice, the movie restarts. Is it a bug or a feature?

In "Key definitions & WinLIRC" window, keys assigned in 2nd field are not 'really' assigned, ad closing and then reopening the preferences' window, they return to their ??? value. Plus, if 2nd field's keys are already assigned to another 1st field's key, string "This combination is already assigned to:" doesn't appear.

Volume button problem still remain for all the skins I tried (both horizontal one and vertical one) [see previous topics for this bug]

Selecting VMR-9 in Video preferences, closing the window and then reopening it ad deselecting VMR-9 (and maybe closing the window again) gives an error in d3d9.dll (the second time I've tried to reproduce this bug the error was in kernel32.dll). Reinstalling Directx9 doesn't help. [OS WinME - Nvidia GeForce 2MX]

Double clicking on the video window to switch between Full screen/Normal mode the OSD string "Pause" appears sometimes, but now there's a very annoying bug too: if you continue double clicking to switch between modes, the volume falls down until it reaces 0% level.
Sometimes even if pausing the video, the Pause OSD string doesn't appear.

Chapters viewer doesn't work, even if you choose to go to Next/Previous chapter.

Repeatedly pressing (or pressing for awhile) CTRL+V an error message appears.

If you change skin while in full screen mode, Aspect Ratio (or Pan-Scan setting) changes.

All the mentioned subtitles' bugs (except for the OGG one) are still there, also the "after 2/3 minutes crush".

There are other two bugs:
Resizing bug Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:54 pm in this thread
Bug in skins' loading Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:54 pm in this thread

Skin's problem in "27Glow v1.4 PH" and "27Showtime v1.2 PH" skins' loading (I've not yet edited the mentioned skins to view if there is a possible solution):
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

BSPlayer v1.00.803, Unhandled exception at EIP: 018226E1
Access violation at address 018226E1 in module 'OLDSKIN.DLL'. Read of address 01B4FFFC
EAccessViolation
, 0x004E746F, 0x004E766D, 0x00453527, 0x0044A872, 0xBFB742FA, 0xBFB742DE, 0xBFB741FF, 0xBFB742BD, 0xBFBA65E6, 0xBFB741FF, 0xBFB7411F, 0xBFF63613, 0xBFF848F7, 0x007C88D4

Bytes at EIP: F3 A5 89 C1 83 E1 03 83 C6 03 83 C7 03 F3 A4 FC 5F 5E
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

IMPROVEMENTS:

All the others bugs mentioned in this thread (and several in others) are fixed.

Even "oldskin.dll" now work with all (but the above bug) the skins I tried (I've not yet checked it, but I think it will be definitively impossible to use skins modified from BSP v1 with previous versions)

Maybe also anti-alias subtitle's function works better.

Improvements smoothness movies' reproduction without overlay mode 1 selected (even if the overlay metod works faster and better).

Documentation on ini files.

THANK YOU GUYS, THERE ARE MANY BUG FIXED IN THIS RELEASE, YOU HAVE DONE A REALLY GOOD JOB...
I THINK EVEN MORE PERSONS NOW WILL CHOOSE BSP AND HOPE THEY WILL APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH TO ALL THE REQUESTS!

THANK YOU AGAIN!
Old 26th November 2003
BS.player Regular User

mia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bug in play MPG files

Hi there!
When i set in preferences/Video "Fast RGB mode", then play AVI files seems OK but MPG files are flipped. In "Overlay mode" is it OK, but is impossible for me to use "Overlay mode" (ATI AIW128/32 - very, very poor movie). This occurs in release 1.00.803. Older versions (0.86.500, 499...) are OK.