Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th June 2004
BS.Player Power User

bluedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default matroska support: chaps and subtitles not working entirely

Quote:
+ Subtitle language for subtitles in Matroska files is now properly displayed
Well, I cannot confirm this.
No matter if files have been muxed with mkvmerge from Moritz Bunkus or with VDubMod subtitles are not listed under corresponding menue.
Instead vsfilter from gabest is in use then (<load when needed> for embedded subs activated).
Then the file plays correctly. It also plays in videolan player which does not rely on DSF at all. So file is not corrupt. It consists of 3xogg vorbis and 3x srt.

Also the language as well as additional title (can be assigned through mkvmerge, which I highly recommend for the task! http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/index.html) of audio streams is not displayed.

But I like to report that the internal vorbis decoder is working well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedan
wrote this earlier, had to take it out
As someone has already reported under a non specific topic (http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=4977) when making use of the meanwhile improved ini files the chapter names are displayed, but if you select one the player asks for CD input though current is the right one.
I was wrong. Sorry, I made a mistake concerning specifying the CD number in ini file. It is indeed working!
Old 20th June 2004
BS.Player Power User

bluedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: matroska support: chaps and subtitles not working entire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedan
Also the language as well as additional title (can be assigned through mkvmerge, which I highly recommend for the task! http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/index.html) of audio streams is not displayed.
An update on that as well:

The names of audio streams are only shown if specified in ini file, otherwise if you open the matroska file directly it merely says stream 1...3.

My wish is that the player can take advantage of the information provided in the container as The Core Media Player does. (It actually partly does with chapter namess!!!)
It is even possible to provide link IDs for each file in mkvmerge if you have to split the movie on 2 or more CDs.
Doing so the player would know that there's are at least one or more parts following.
Also, the chapter thumbnail file could be embedded via attachment.
In future versions as long as the player doesn't find extra (meta) files such as an ini/bsi it could use the internal embedded data provided.

But that is demanding... not even the Core Media team which is close to the matroska developpers is planning that way and they are very ambitious... :roll:

Tags
chaps, matroska, subtitles, support, working