Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th September 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default BUGS in BSplayer v1.36.825 (Normal/Pro)

BUGS:
TV TUNER
- When you start capture, Channel name changes to the channel number. eg.: displayed neme "Channel One" becomes "//24"
- Audio: (Since tv capture exists) If for example audio source is Line-in and in "Capture settings" Line-in is selected, there is a sort of echo, this is because BSplayer sound is delayed in respect of Line-in one, and don't use Line-in sound only, but overlap Line-in sound with BSplayer sound
- When capturing videos, if the PAUSE button is pressed the displayed captured size freezes, but number of frames captured and seconds elapsed continues counting, then re-pressing the PAUSE button the size counter continues counting, but the resultant captured file is BAD! The playback is ridicolously fast and the audio is out of sync
This appens with NO Compression filters, and ONLY if the PAUSE button is pressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
Known bug, it will be fixed
- When capturing videos, if the STOP button is pressed, the capturing process ends, but not in the way the "Stop recording" button does (like if the capturing process doen't entirely end up)
- (BUG?) Italian (antenna) region doesn't work in the Italian territoty (wrong frequencies? GERMANY settings works fine in Italian territory [NOTE: DScaler's Italian settings works ok])
- (BUG?) In the tuner configuration window, it isn't possible to select NTSC/SECAM Standard Videos even for those countries that have NTSC/SECAM as standard video definitions
- (BUG?) Whenever the computer is restarted, the first time TV tuner is started its sound is mute (NOT the volume level, but the audio stream is absent) until the current channel is changed or the TV Tuner feature is restarted (my audio-in is Line-in).

SKINNING
- If the "Disable skinned windows" option in Skin section is checked, then also the Menus lost the skinned feature (even if the "Disable skinned menus" option is UNchecked)
- Every time the Playlist is opened->closed->reopened, its window's height is reduced (this error occours only with skinned windows)
- SKIN ENGINE: "Version" information text, which is present (commented) in the [Display] section of Base skin, is not displayed in the skin (this bug is present from build 800, maybe also before)
Quote:
EXTRACTED FROM TINAZ'S BASE SKIN
[Display]
; x,y;<font name>,<size>,<style>;<Font color>
; style can be N - Nornal font
; B - Bold
; I - Italic
; U - Underline
; or combination of above, for ex. Bold italic -> BI

; Movie title/file name
Title=63,13;Arial,9,B;000000
; Max width of title, if it's longer it will be scrolled
MaxTitleWidth=240

;Version=253,88;Arial,8,B;71964F
MovInfo=205,43;Arial,9,N;000000
MovInfoMaxWidth=175
Status=311,13;Arial,9,N;000000
MovTimeLen=63,43;Arial,11,B;000000
MovTimeLenMaxWidth=135
sRepeat=63,33;Arial,7,N;000000
Subs=205,34;Arial,7,N;000000
SubsMaxWidth=162
OTHER
- (BUG? if yes it's very problematic!) Files deletion after the player is closed.
- BSplayer doesn't recognise "." character sent by Girder!
This only appens in Windows2000/XP systems. In Windows 9.x/ME "." character works.
AFAIK it's a BSplayer issue since Girder is able to send "." char to others applications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
We'll look into this.
- If you try to do a frame-by-frame seek (PAUSE+ARROWS) when you go forward (RIGHT ARROW) for example by 5 seconds, then go backward (LEFT ARROW) and then forward again (RIGHT ARROW) to restart the frame-by-frame seeking, then a wrong positioned frame is placed where the frame-by-frame forward ended before restarting it (all these actions have to be made without restarting the playback).
- The teletext window position is not remembered.
- Redundant Explorer shell menu items for media files: Open/Play/Play in BSplayer

NOT WORKING TRANSLATIONS
- Explorer shell menu items ->
Play in BSPlayer
Enqueue in BSPlayer

MISSING TRANSLATIONS
- Tab title in subtitle preferences -> Subtitle properties
- About Window -> version, Registered to, Icons created by, (Language) by (translator), Month abbrevations
- Capture settings -> Configuration ->
Channel [channel name when a channel is added]
Channel [displayed over the automatic scan button when scanning]
Channel [channel name when a channel is auto added by automatic scan session]
- Explorer shell menu items ->
Play
Install (for BSZ skin files)
- Playlist (right pane when selecting TV tuner channels) -> tuner:
- (when .ogm files are opened) Menu -> Audio -> Audio streams -> -- Ogm streams --
Old 7th September 2005
BS.Player Master

BUGS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrap
1.36.825 still crashes on (some) embedded subs when subs are disabled in the options (see first post for example files). If subs are enabled, then it works ok.

The internal overlay renderer is buggy too. Some vids won't play at all, others are upside down.

Haali splitter icon doesn't close automatically after closing BSplayer. I need to hover over it for it to disappear.
Old 8th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Moganium is an unknown quantity at this point

Two bugs I find with mkv files. When switching audio tracks, it crashes regularly. And when trying to switch to DVD subtitles, the following occurs

BSplayer v1.36.825, Unhandled exception at EIP: 0040643A
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error report, this will help us solve problems faster.
Access violation at address 0040643A in module 'bsplayer.exe'. Read of address 00000001
EAccessViolation
Call stack: 00000000,0040643A,0040367F,004FA216,00507FEE,00508 0CA
Old 9th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

fettouhi is an unknown quantity at this point

Problems with mkv files in the newest bsplayer release. I get the error

If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error report, this will help us solve problems faster.
Access violation at address 0040643A in module 'bsplayer.exe'. Read of address 00000001
EAccessViolation
Call stack: 00000000,0040643A,0040367F,004FA216,00507FEE,00508 0CA,00513ACE,00513E4E,00515AAA,00517FB8,00570D68,0 0569736,00437819,0044FC36,004D364C,00439EDC,0044CE 54,004D47A9,004D4320,0044CE54,0045581B,0058C2B1

when I play a mkv file with subtitles. Funny thing is that the files worked with bsplayer 1.3.6.824 (the nightly build). Using the latest Haali splitter version.

Regards

André
Old 12th September 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Another missing translation:
"Rendering mode" (under "Video rendering")
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th September 2005
BS.Player Master

BUGS:
- BSplayer version shown in the "Free for non-commercial use" string is not updated (still says v1.35)

- If the Desktop mode is enabled and no icons are displayed, Desktop mode doesn't work properly since it sets a Wallpaper named (None), and Windows try to load an image named "(None)", which isn't present, so instead of the MovieWindow on the desktop is displayed only a blue background.
Probably this bug is present only in NOT ENGLISH Windows versions, since the (NONE) item in the wallpapers list is translated in the correspective languages...

Probably to fix this bug it's enough to set the registry entries with "" instead of "(None)". (I don't know if the problem resides in the WallPaper or in the Pattern value, but by leaving them blank should fix the problem)

MISSING TRANSLATION:
Free for non-commercial use
Old 13th September 2005
BS.Player Master

BUGS:
Found 2 resizing problems:
- When the MovieWindow's top border coordinates are minor than -25 pixels (for example if top border is out of the top screen border by 50 pixels), and the movie window is manually resized, then after resizing, the movie window new dimensions are equal to "the movie window resized width"x"the movie window resized height+25pixels", and the video image is stretched even if the Keep aspect ratio option is selected.

- If the movie window is resized (downsized) by dragging the top-left corner, BSplayer doesn't check the minimum window's dimensions, and the window is resizable down to 2x2 pixels.
Old 13th September 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Last bulid, can't control sound from the volume meter from the skin.
All versions, BSPlayer can't initialise the TV tuner at first opening (when starting computer). Need to open twice. Or open first dedicated tv software. It may be driver problem (latest drivers for my tuner are for win 2000).
Old 14th September 2005
BS.Player Master

MISSING TRANSLATION:
Movie window Title -> Active Movie Window (visible if the video mode is VMR7/9)

BUG:
- As posted by adicoto and Digiface here, when lines are overlapped subtitle lines goes higher and higher (read adicoto's post to see an example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Last bulid, can't control sound from the volume meter from the skin.
Strange, it works with my computer.. :?
But do you have this problem only with TV Tuner or with movies too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
All versions, BSPlayer can't initialise the TV tuner at first opening (when starting computer). Need to open twice. Or open first dedicated tv software. It may be driver problem (latest drivers for my tuner are for win 2000).
Yes, I also notice this issue :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
- (BUG?) Whenever the computer is restarted, the first time TV tuner is started its sound is mute (NOT the volume level, but the audio stream is absent) until the current channel is changed or the TV Tuner feature is restarted (my audio-in is Line-in).
Latest drivers for my tuner are for WinXP (tuner based on SAA713x chipset)
Old 14th September 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Only in TV mode. Play mode is OK.
Old 15th September 2005
BS.Player Master

BUG:
- If the Output size height is greater than 288pixels, then while capturing the video displayed is BLACK (the file is correctly captured, but it's not possible to view the video while capturing).
Old 17th September 2005
BS.Player Master

MISSING TRANSLATION:
In subtitle editor, when you select a not editable row -> Not editable
Old 17th September 2005
BS.Player Power User

mihhkel is on a distinguished road

Missing translations:
All right-click menu items in Subtitle Editor (Add new line, Delete selected line etc).
Old 6th October 2005
BS.Player Master

BUG:
If the player is closed while the audio is setted to MUTE, then at the restart BSplayer starts with volume level 0 instead of the last setted level!
Old 9th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Black_Devil is an unknown quantity at this point

Capture file name format %A1 works as %A0. %A2 as %A1...
Old 11th October 2005
BS.Player Master

BUGS:
Is it normal that the buffer state goes from -1% to 99% instead of from 0% to 100%? :?

- If the chapters' names have ":" char in them, then BSplayer crashes!
- Bug or Feature? If the Chapters Preview is showed, then if you press the Close button of the skin, the player doesn't close, instead the Chapters Preview disappears
- If you change language after the chapters are loaded the string "Viewer" of the chapters list will not be translated
Old 21st October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

maXmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Attack of clones. When I drag and drop to bsplayer mkv files one by one I notice Haali splitters grow in number :shock:

Matroska crash
BSplayer v1.36.825, Unhandled exception at EIP: 004FE995
Access violation at address 004FE995 in module 'bsplayer.exe'. Write of address 0000000C
EAccessViolation
Call stack: 00000000,004FE995,0040367F,004FE931,004FE909,0057F 750,00571DEC,
00569736,00437819,0044FC36,004D364C,00439EDC,0044C E54,
004D47A9,004D4320,0044CE54,0045581B,0058C2B1

May these details will help:
Attached Files
File Type: txt el_571.txt (3.6 KB, 94 views)
Old 22nd October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

maXmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Upd

I used mkvmerge to modify mentioned file. I just removed SRT subtitles track keeping all fonts, chapters etc including SSA subtitles track. And it started to work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upd: when Haali filter is configured to autoload VSFilter. :?
When it isn't, BSPlayer loads Ogg DS Filter (for some reason) and, yes, crashes. MPC and WMP play perfectly; Nero Show Time loads ogg filter also but then unloads it correctly, loads vsfilter, ffdshow and plays (doesn't crash).
Matroska bug: When I leaved only video and audio, bsplayer didn't load vsfilter (with existing external subs); all other players did.

EAccessViolation
Call stack: 00000000,0040643A,0040367F,004FA216,00507FEE,00508 0CA,00513ACE,
00513E4E,00515AAA,00517FB8,00570D68,00569736,00437 819,0044FC36,
004D364C,00439EDC,0044CE54,004D47A9,004D4320,0044C E54,0045581B,0058C2B1
Attached Files
File Type: txt srt_trouble_423.txt (9.2 KB, 68 views)
Old 30th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

PhoenixNL72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Network Buffer Causes jerky & looping Playbackl

BSPlayer v1.36(bld 825) 5 Sep 2005
When the network buffer is enabled And you set the position slider a big step further into the video, playback starts to act funny. Freezes that last over a second. Frame repeats/loops. Garbled chirps,clikcks and hisses and stuff in the audio and when I monitor the buffer status I see it go from 99% to -1 and back everytime one of these playback errors occur. Also I have set the buffer to various sizes(including bigger then the actual filesize) and even the prebuffer value to 100% but playback of the file starts almost immidiately and when monitoring network activity I only see a few spikes and not the nescessary prolonged data stream needed to fil the entire buffer. And I also see a spike each time the playback stutters or loops. When checking the taskmanager I noticed the memory usage reported always stays at around 10MB even with buffer size set to 256MB or higher so my guess is that BSPlayer allocates a very small buffer instead of one of the size specified. Oddly enoujgh playback seems to be wroking ok if you let it stream from the beginning of the file without jumping or pausing However the memory usage reported then also is only around 10MB (and 24.024KB Total VMem usage).

(PS: Using FFDSHOW 27-oct-2005 msvc for decoding. Files are DivX 5 avi's with MP2 or MP3 audio. Playing on AMD Athlon XP 2400+(Thoroughbred B with 1GB PC133 Memory on an Asus A7V VIA KT133 Mainboard, SoundBlaster Live Value Audio and Geforce 2MX video)
Old 27th November 2005
BS.Player Master

BUG:
Another bug notified by Loopdemack and reproduced on my PC:
Strange bug with PanScan negative values
If you set negative values for PanScan and then open another (or the same) movie, then the PanScan value applied is the absolute value of the last used one.. (obviously this happens if you have "Remember PanScan option" enabled ;) )

Tags
normal or pro